Mon.: 2 pm – 8 pm
Tue. – Thu.: 9 am – 8 pm
Fri.: 9 am – 5 pm
Sat.: 10 am – 2 pm
Sun.: 1 pm – 5 pm
Holiday hours will be posted.
Please follow & like us :)
Search the Catalog
Review Your Account:Logging in...
The library will be closed today, Friday, February 7, due to the weather.
Thank you, and stay safe!
Due to the weather, the library will not open until 11 a.m. today.
Tiny Tots Storytime for today has been canceled.
Please stay tuned for more updates!
At this time, we are not accepting book donations.
Thank you for understanding!
- Candidates are sought to serve up to a three-year term, helping to guide our community’s library forward in the 21st century.
- Candidates must live within the Vestal Central School District.
- Candidates must complete a Nomination petition with a minimum of 26 signatures and file with the Vestal School District offices by 4 pm on the 3rd Monday in April.
- Petitions are available after January 15th each year.
- Petitions will be posted on the Library website for download, available at the Library or Vestal School District Offices.
- Anyone interested in more information, please consider attending one of our Board meetings, held at the library on the third Tuesday of every month at 6:30 pm or contact the Library Director.
After 14 years as Director at Vestal Public Library, Carol Boyce has announced that she will retire on February 1, 2019. Carol has worked in many capacities in local libraries over the years. She began her career as a Page at Binghamton Public Library/Broome County Public Library in 1977; moving up to Clerk in 1981. After earning her MLS at University of Albany, she became a Full Time Librarian at George F Johnson Public Library in 1988, then moved to Vestal Public Library, becoming full time in 1993 as a librarian. She rose through the ranks to become the Assistant Director of the library in 1997, and was promoted to Director in 2006.
The Board of Trustees thanks Carol for her dedication and years of service to the Vestal Public Library. We hope she is blessed with many wonderful experiences in retirement and wish her a happy and healthy future.
The Board of Trustees of the Vestal Public Library, Vestal, NY seeks an energetic and dedicated leader to serve as a full-time Library Director.
The Vestal Public Library Director will be expected to:
- Lead and inspire the staff and the library in a highly professional manner, fostering teamwork, collaboration and trust
- Advocate for the library and cultivate community partnerships
- Continue to move the library forward to best serve the needs of the community
This opportunity requires an individual with the following qualities:
- High-level, proven public library leadership and budget experience
- A sense of humor, intellectual curiosity and an eagerness to explore new ideas
- Political savvy with well-developed skills at building and strengthening relationships with the community
- Master of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school
- Experience as a director or a public library leadership role with financial responsibilities
- Meet Library Director III Civil Service requirements (see attached job description)
For more information about the position please visit our Job Opportunities page and click on Library Director
Census Workers Needed!!
Apply online now at 2020census.gov/jobs
Great Pay ($18 per hour) plus mileage ($.58/Mile)
After paid training the first week, you will receive assignments to canvass the area near your residence.
At that point, you will work out of your home with flexibility to set your own hours (from 20 to 40 hours per week)
Very interesting and rewarding work.
Estimated time frame likely to be Spring thru early/mid Summer of 2020