- Vestal Public Library Cards are free of charge to residents of the Vestal Central School District.
- Non-residents of Vestal Central School District may purchase a Vestal Public Library Card for an annual fee of $50.
- Vestal Public Library Card Applications are available at the Vestal Public Library Circulation Desk.
- Your Vestal Library Card may be used:
- at all Four County Public Libraries in Broome, Chenango, Delaware, and Otsego Counties.
- to place a hold, renew items or access on-line services.
- There is a $1.00 charge to re-issue a Library Card.
Charges & Fines
- Borrowers are responsible for all material borrowed on their card. A charge is made for lost or damaged material.
- There is a $.25 charge to place a hold on an item for pick up at the Library.
- There is a $1.00 charge for re-issuing a lost library card.
- The fine for overdue material borrowed from the Adult Collection (except movies) is $.10 per day per item, with a maximum fine of $5.00 per adult item and $3.00 per children’s item.
- Video and DVD fines are $1.00 per day, with a maximum fine of $7.00 per movie.
- Children’s book fines are $.10 per day, with a maximum fine of $3.00 per children’s item.
- Unpaid fines or charges amounting to $5.00 will result in a suspension of library privileges until the fine is paid.
- There is no limit on the number of books borrowed from the collection.
- DVDs and audio books are limited to 4 per adult card.
- Videos, music CDs, records, and audio cassettes are limited to 8 per adult card.
Loan Period & Renewals
- All library items except videos and DVDs are loaned for three (3) weeks.
- Videos and DVDs are loaned for one (1) week.
- All material, except videos and DVDs, can be renewed once for an additional three (3) week period.
- Videos and DVDs can be renewed for an additional one (1) week.
- Overdue material can be renewed; late charges are billed to your account.
- Renewals can be made by telephone (607)754-4243 or on-line using your library card number.